Exchange theory for practice in
Looking for a graduate programme with real growth potential? Join us at RWEST and follow in the footsteps of our managers and traders who came through the programme before you.
Our Commercial Graduate Programme enables you to familiarise yourself with both financial and physical energy trading and to get a taste of power-plant optimisation, gas procurement or risk management. Throughout your journey, we prepare you for the challenges of the future. You decide for yourself where your focus lies and to which locations your path should lead you.
Key facts and figures
Duration: Two years
Start date: September 2022 (Singapore intake will start in July 2022)
Locations: Essen, Swindon, London & Singapore
Rotations: Four six-month placements
To make sure you build up a broad awareness of the business, at least one of your rotations will be in a non-trading function. Other than that, you get to choose which areas of the business you work in. These could include:
- Proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG)
- Freight & Logistics (Shipping)
- Commercial Asset Optimisation
- Sales & Origination
- Analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation, Risk Management or Data Science
- Business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling
What you can offer
- Passion for energy trading and markets
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Maritime, Economics or Data Sciences
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- IT proficiency
- Strong team-working skills and a confident and sociable manner
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Desire to take accountability
- Willingness to relocate plus flexibility and mobility to travel to multiple locations
- Relevant work experience (desirable but not essential)
Any questions? Take a look at our FAQ!
Tailored to your needs!
International & diverse
Travel opportunities &
drinks & fruit basket
salary & bonuses
Your application process
The timeline for each location differs due to differences in academic timetables.
Please apply to the location where you wish to be primarily based.
- Application period
- Online recruitment test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Online recruitment test