Drive your career
with an energy leader!
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Then welcome to our RWEST IT Developer Graduate Programme!
Developers at RWEST operate at the heart of our commercial business, working closely with analysts, front office desks and business support areas to provide suitable solutions.
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
Key facts and figures
Duration: Two years
Start date: September 2022 (Singapore intake will start in July 2022)
Locations: Essen, Swindon, London & Singapore
Rotations: Four six-month placements
Key areas you could choose to do your rotations in include:
- Application Development
- Embedded IT for our Commercial Business such as Trading of Energy Commodities, Freight & Logistics, Commercial Asset Optimisation or Sales & Origination
- IT projects with high business attention such as “Lead in Data” or “Lead in Cloud”
… and many more
You could also do one rotation in a non-IT related function to help you build up a broad awareness of the business.
What you can offer
- Passion for the energy industry and trading in particular, IT development and working in a DevOps environment
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in IT or a similar statistical or numerate subject such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- Strong team-working skills and a confident and sociable manner
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Desire to take accountability
- Willingness to relocate plus flexibility and mobility to travel to multiple locations
- Relevant work experience and basic database knowledge such as SQL, noSQL and Key/Value (desirable but not essential)
Any questions? Take a look at our FAQ!
Tailored to your needs!
International & diverse
Travel opportunities &
drinks & fruit basket
salary & bonuses
Your application process
The timeline for each location differs due to differences in academic timetables.
Please apply to the location where you wish to be primarily based.
- Application period
- Online recruitment test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Online recruitment test