into the world of work
Are you currently studying and would like to gain a year of practical experience in a company where you can apply your knowledge?
Then you’re in the right place!
Our Year in Industry Placement Programme, which is only available in the UK, gives you the opportunity to experience RWEST, Europe’s largest energy trading company, at close quarters. From day one, you’ll be at the heart of day-to-day business, taking on your own tasks and contributing your ideas to a wide variety of projects. This way you can build up real expert knowledge and develop a great basis for your future career!
Key facts and figures
Duration: One year
Start date: July 2022
Locations: Swindon & London
- Back Office: Join this integral part of our business, which oversees the life cycle of physical commodities trades, and discover how we offer key support to global trading desks.
- Commercial Asset Optimisation: Gain insight into how we optimise positions such as long-term hedging, make-or-buy decisions and the purchase of commodities (such as gas) to operate a power plant.
- Risk: Learn how to use knowledge and expertise to provide advice to senior management, traders, finance and other stakeholders to ensure our business remains compliant, successful and profitable.
What you can offer
We’re looking for students who are in the penultimate year of a highly analytical, numerical or business-focused subject (such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Economics) and who are ideally on course to achieve a 2:1 or better. You must have:
- Passion for the energy industry with a real desire to learn, grow and develop
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- IT proficiency
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong team-working skills and a confident, sociable manner
- Desire to take accountability
Convince us of your skills and capabilities during your Year in Industry and secure yourself a place on one of our graduate programmes!
Tailored to your needs!
International & diverse
Travel opportunities &
drinks & fruit basket
salary & bonuses
Your application process
- Application phase
- Online recruitment test
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Online recruitment test