into the world of work
Are you currently studying and would like to gain a year of practical experience in a company where you can apply your knowledge?
Then you’re in the right place!
Our Year in Industry Placement Programme, which is only available in the UK, gives you the opportunity to experience RWEST, Europe’s largest energy trading company, at close quarters. From day one, you’ll be at the heart of day-to-day business, taking on your own tasks and contributing your ideas to a wide variety of projects. This way you can build up real expert knowledge and develop a great basis for your future career!
Key facts and figures
Duration: One year
Start date: July 2022
Locations: Swindon & London
- Back Office Operations: Join this integral part of our business, which oversees the life cycle of all commodity trades. Work closely with Traders, Brokers, Risk Analysts, and Legal, as well as various external parties, taking responsibility for the confirmation, reconciliation and settlement of our energy related portfolio. You will dive deep in to one team, but also receive an overview of all Back Office teams and get to know our trading floors in the UK and Germany.
- Risk: An excellent introduction to the workings of a commodity trading company. Our teams partner with our trading desks, analyse trading strategies, report Profit & Loss, and quantify the market risks they hold. You will discover how news stories and market developments impact our positions, using this to provide independent advice and guidance to senior management on existing strategies and new business opportunities. At the same time, you will engage regularly with functions across RWEST, getting to know our traders and seeing how each department contributes to the final result.
What you can offer
We’re looking for students who are in the penultimate year of a highly analytical, numerical or business-focused subject (such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Economics) and who are ideally on course to achieve a 2:1 or better. You must have:
- Passion for the energy industry with a real desire to learn, grow and develop
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- IT proficiency
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong team-working skills and a confident, sociable manner
- Desire to take accountability
Convince us of your skills and capabilities during your Year in Industry and secure yourself a place on one of our graduate programmes!
Our UK Year in Industry Placement Students have ranked us among the Best 30 Medium-Sized Student Employers 2022 on RateMyPlacement.
Tailored to your needs!
International & diverse
Travel opportunities &
drinks & fruit basket
salary & bonuses
Your application process
The timeline for each location differs due to differences in academic timetables.
Please apply to the location where you wish to be primarily based.
- Application phase
- Pre-selection Period
- Assessment centre
Online recruitment test
Online recruitment test